The light poured out of the doorway at the end of the darkened hall, illuminating the dust bunnies and tumbleweeds lined up along the corridor. From inside the room came noises of pain and triumph, muffled skirmishes, the tapping of keys, and finally one long “YEESSSSSSSSSS!”
A curious figure suddenly appeared in the doorway, casting a shadow over the dust bunnies. It charged down the hallway and threw open the front door. Night poured in as the figure fell to his knees, then held aloft an open laptop.
“Finally…. FINISHED!” he cried, as the light from the laptop illuminated the overgrown yard. “IT LIVES!”…
This was more or less the scene here at SpeedPPC HQ recently, with a little dramatic licence thrown in.
If you’ve been wondering why things have been a little quiet around here, it’s because we’ve been hunkered down working on a new version of SpeedPPC for more than twelve months now.
But the end is finally in sight! We’re not quite thrusting out laptops into the sky with tears rolling down our cheeks, but it’s not too far from the truth.
Why has it taken so long? Most of our updates usually only take a month or two to roll out, but this new version has taken us a whopping 12 months to complete, all because (like any good family), we sat down for a family talk.
We talked about where we wanted to take SpeedPPC. What we wanted to be able to do for our customers. What sort of crazy tools and features we’d LOVE to put into SpeedPPC, but hadn’t been able to.
It was a massive spitballing session fuelled by way too much coffee, but some of the ideas we came up with were really exciting. So exciting that we couldn’t just put them in the “too hard” basket and move along.
We had to make them happen.
BUT it soon became obvious that to do these things we’d have to completely rebuild SpeedPPC from the ground up. So that’s what we’ve been doing for the past twelve months, and that’s why you haven’t heard much from us.
Mad scientist jokes aside, SpeedPPC is no Frankenstein. We haven’t just tacked on bits and bobs from all over the place and called it a new software. It’s been built from scratch based on our five years experience with the old software.
We’re kicking this new version out the door on the 2nd of July, and we’re totally pumped. Here are a few things you can expect to see:
- Improved interface: We’ve given it a facelift to give you easier access to the things you use most often, and streamlined the campaign-building process.
- Data lives in the cloud: You’re not tied to one computer anymore. You can now access your campaign data and run SpeedPPC from any computer, anywhere.
- Greater collaboration tools: If you’re working with a team on PPC projects, you can now easily share campaigns. We’ve also built a special flexible licensing structure for teams, which makes it even easier for everyone on your team to have access to SpeedPPC.
- Greater accessibility: Hello, Mac users. We’ve heard you! SpeedPPC now works natively (ie, super-fast!) on both Mac and PC platforms. No more Parallels!
- Keyword research: Since a comprehensive long-tail keyword list is the cornerstone of a successful campaign with SpeedPPC, we’ve given you some keyword tools to give you the best list possible.
We’re thrilled to be able to bring you this new version of SpeedPPC. Not least because we can finally get around to doing some housework. (If you’ve never had an inside tumbleweed before… they’re the worst!)
Watch this space!